After chapel today, some ladies from the church invited me and the girls along for lunch. My first thought was, "I probably shouldn't b/c both girls will need a nap..." But, I really wanted to spend some time with these ladies and get to know them better, so I happily agreed to meet them at Chili's. I was not surprised when Caroline and Kimberly fell asleep in the car. ;) I almost didn't go into the restaurant, but then I convinced myself that it would be okay... I loaded both sleeping girls into the double stroller and headed into Chili's. We were a big group consisting of both adults and children, so we ended up waiting a long time for our food to come... The girls slept through the first 30-45 minutes we were there, but when they woke up... well, let's just say that all chaos broke loose!! I ended up having to leave the restaurant with my Quesadilla Explosion salad to go, Caroline screaming at the top of her lungs, and Kimberly fussing...
The ladies from the chapel were all SO kind and helpful... I couldn't have done it without them! Oh, well, I tried, right?... :{
Tonight, I thought it would be fun to make Caroline's usual bath a bubble bath.... Well, she didn't like this much, to say the least. Everytime she got soap on her hands, she would fuss and try to shake it off. And she was particularly upset that the soap suds hid her toys from view and obscured the pictures and words in the bath book she was trying to read! ;-)
You can't blame a stay at home Mommy for trying to make things a little more interesting for her toddler, can you?
4 comments:
aw... so sorry it was a frustrating day!!!!
off topic i took my benadryl and used my inhalers and feel a bit better than when we spoke. it was good to hear your voice!
It's okay... they happen! But thanks for your sympathy... it is very appreciated. :0)
So glad you're feeling better! It was good to hear your voice, too. Will call again soon... :)
Love you!
Haha! We had the same experience with Lilly Kate the first time that we did the bubble thing. I was so disappointed.
Feel free to link to us :-).
I was disappointed when Caroline didn't take right to it, as well! :( I really thought she would think it was a blast! Oh well... maybe when she gets older... :-)
Thanks! I'll add you to the blog... :)
Post a Comment