Since I'm at home with sick kiddos and have some time on my hands, I thought I'd try making a yummy sounding recipe I found online for lunch. It was as delicious as I thought it would be and now I have tons of leftovers I can freeze and reheat for when I don't feel like making dinner one night!
It's called Creamy Taco Mac; I got the recipe from Annie's Eats. Here goes:
Ingredients:
1¼ lbs. ground turkey
8 oz. dry pasta shapes
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
4 tbsp. taco seasoning
3 oz. cream cheese
½ cup sour cream
Salt and pepper
Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions:
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup of pasta water. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet or sauté pan, cook the ground turkey over medium-high heat until no longer pink. A few minutes before the turkey is cooked through, add the chopped onion to the skillet. Once the turkey is cooked through, mix in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Mix in the diced tomatoes and taco seasoning and let simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta, cream cheese, sour cream and reserved pasta water, and continue stirring until the cream cheese is melted and the sauce is well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over medium-low heat 3-5 minutes to reduce the sauce a bit. Remove from the heat and top with shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
Buon Appetito!
Monday, March 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oo, that sounds pretty good! I may try it on the kiddos this week and see how it goes.
Sounds yummy!!!! Hope the girls feel better soon!
Post a Comment