Friday, April 4, 2008

The Caroline Chronicles ~ Week 8

(I LOVE this picture of her!!)


** Caroline signed "drink" for the first time this past Tuesday (April 1st)! (she's been signing "more" and "eat" for awhile now...). This made me so proud... and encouraged me to keep trying to teach her sign language. I try to sign some with her everyday, throughout the day, as we're going about our normal activities. Looks like it's paying off!

** In the last 3 or 4 weeks, Caroline has become very interested in watching her Baby Einstein videos and now wants to watch them everyday, almost all day! I limit how much she watches them and try to get her to play with her toys and books some, instead of sitting in front of the television all day... This is just the reinforcement I need to keep getting out with her during the week, whether it is to go to the park, meet up with some friends for a playdate, or just do some grocery shopping at Wal-Mart!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay, Caroline! You should see if your library has any of the "Signing Time" videos to check out. Hannah still signs "more", and sometimes "please" or "thank you".

Her hair is getting long enough to clip a bow into it!

Proud Mommy of 2 said...

Hey! That's a great idea. I'll do that soon. :)

I know... I can't believe how long her hair is getting! I may venture to try a hairbow soon... I'm wondering how she'll respond to it since so far she hasn't liked anything on her head... (i.e. a hat or a hairband). It should be interesting! ;)