Friday, August 22, 2008

Bouts of Sickness

We've had several bouts of sickness over the last 3-4 weeks (one reason I've been such a stranger to blogging lately...). At the end of July, Kimberly ran a 101 degree temperature and was diagnosed with an ear infection. The next week, Caroline came down with a tummy ache, complete with vomiting and diahrrea... :( Then, Kimberly broke out into a skin rash the day after she was finished with her antibiotic, which turned out to be a possible hypersensitivity to it known as "Erythema multiforma." Three days ago, I noticed that Caroline's eye looked a little red, so I made a doctor's appt. for the next day and my suspicions were confirmed... she has pink eye! I've had to hold her down and gently pry her eyes open three times a day in order to put eye drops in her eyes... Not fun! Then, today after lunch she broke out into a skin rash all over her body. I think she's having an allergic reaction to the eye drops and after speaking with the on call nurse at the clinic we go to, I decided not to give the eye drops to her again over the weekend. I plan to make a doctor's appt. for her early next week.

Whew! I'll be glad when my little girls are back to their ol' healthy selves!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wondered what was going on - figured some kind of little girl drama! You go, super-mama! Love ya,
- Anna