Friday, May 2, 2008

The Caroline Chronicles ~ Week 12

On Wednesday afternoon, Caroline, Kimberly, and I went to the Academy of Arts for one of the "Play Days" we had signed up (and paid) for. What is Play Days, you ask? :) It is access to a room set up with different stations of activities and toys, i.e. a table set up with markers and paper, a play kitchen, a reading area, puzzles, toy cars, marble boxes, etc... It took Caroline a little while to warm up to the place (we were the only ones there at the time and it was a new experience for her...), but after she had been there for a little while, she seemed to enjoy it. :)

While we were there, she pointed at something on the wall and said what sounded to me like "fa"... At first, I was perplexed and couldn't figure out what she was saying. But, when I looked up, I saw a big silk flower on the wall! She had said "flower" for the first time! :0) Today, she kept pointing out the window at our hanging flowers and at the flower arrangement in the center of our kitchen table and saying "flour" (this is what it sounds like).

She has also been signing "elephant" and making the elephant sound I taught her when she does it! It's the CUTEST thing!

I had a few pictures of her at Play Days, but I accidentally deleted them before downloading them to my computer... :(

I'll make sure to take some more the next time we go.

No comments: